Sustainability: 5 ways to upcycle our jars
You’ve taken most of the plastic out of your life. Great! You choose glass or otherwise biodegradable materials where you can. But what do you do with all that glass? Either find out how to dispose of your glass jars in your area, or keep them for DIY projects. Here’s some of our ideas:
- Make candles out of your empty glass jars.
- Use them to store your home made sugar scrubs.
- Store small jewelry items like earrings or rings.
- Put soil in them and use them as seed starter pots.
- Refill with bulk buys of creams.
If you are just not inclined to re-use them, no worries... Luckily glass breaks down eventually to these lovely softened sea glass chips until they finally become sand. You won't be contributing to any more plastic than necessary.
They are not food grade, so don’t use them to store pills or anything edible. Do you have other good ideas? Share them with us on Instagram @oceanicaskincare :)
xo, Jacci & Laura